Setting of the workshop:
Instructing a newcomer to the business usually needs a special approach.
- How to approach a new inexperienced staff member, who is excited or even insecure about doing the job?
- You think: “How can he not get this?”
- Someone does something wrong, even though you had asked her if you were clear, and she assured you that you were.
The daily routine of a more experienced professional is usually implicit and routine. The task is child’s play and therefore instructing a newcomer can e.g. end up in being impatient; using jargon; skip parts; overload with information and going too fast.
Support Echteld Consult:
Elements of the approach during the workshop:
- Assessment of the recruit
- Knowledge and skill gaps
- Pitfalls and how to avoid them
Professionals who are able to tune their management style to newcomers to the business, in order for them to quickly grow their performance.