Many professionals move up to a leadership role without having any or little managerial experience. This happens because they have proved to be strong players in their field of expertise or because they aspire to manage their own team. However, in many cases, their professional background hasn’t prepared them for their new role. Therefore, they get a mentor assigned who will train them ‘on the job’. In real terms mentoring does not always go well, because:
- daily hectic circumstances limit the time to effectively train people;
- mentors find it difficult to give honest feedback, but also
- the limited knowledge mentors have about ‘how people learn most effectively’ can play a role.
These situations might lead to disappointment about the performance of the ‘newcomer’, resulting in underperforming teams; conflict; stress and uncertainty about one’s own performance.
Echteld Consult supports with:
Echteld Consult supports these professionals who need to grow in their new leadership roles, within an environment which values aspects such as:
- flexible people management;
- team collaboration;
- good communication skills, and
Echteld Consult supports the professionals, without them having to violate their personality profile.
Offer Echteld Consult:
Executive coaching by Echteld Consult combines and sorts the following aspects:
- the reflection on one’s leadership and the practical integration of the outcomes;
- the reflection on and the integration of working elements from the personality tests;
- the active experiment: ‘ the acting’ in practice and the reflection and feedback on that;
- the balance between work and private life,
- the reflection and cleaning up of hindering beliefs that influence action;
- career planning in the medium and long term.
The result of an executive coaching program is a leader with higher self-esteem, more self-confidence, who is better able to stimulate team collaboration through knowledge and insight, thereby increasing team performance.
Examples of success stories:
- Professionals who felt stronger in their new role (better self-image / more self-confidence).
- Some have even exchanged old expectations and goals for new ones, and headed for another professional direction.